1. Preheat the oven to 350oF and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and optional pumpkin pie spice in a bowl and set aside.
3. In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, pumpkin puree and both sugars together until light and fluffy.
4. Add in the dry ingredients and beat until combined with the butter and sugars – dough will be crumbly.
5. With the stand mixer on medium-low, pour in the almond milk. Beat only until a dough has formed – about 45 seconds to 1 minute.
6. Fold in the optional mix-ins.
7. Scoop and roll into 2 tablespoon balls and set in the fridge for 15+ minutes.
8. Place dough balls 2 inches apart and bake for 14-16 minutes*, until golden around the edges.
9. Allow to cool on a wire rack and ENJOY!